While it may seem petty, granted that my weight is in the "normal" range on the BMI chart, I'm definitely not cool with the fact that I'm in the last box next to the "overweight" category. Teetering on the edge of being overweight is no fun.
That said, and with the new year right around the corner, it's time to buckle down and get fit!
Looking at me, most people wouldn't say I'm "teetering" on overweight. I'm fairly tall and well-proportioned, (and likely hide it well thanks to my clothing preferences). I also workout like a crazy person.
So how am I where I am now -- with a BMI of 23.3 where 24.9 is the highest "normal" you can be?
- Sugar is my weakness. When it comes to baked goods, I don't discriminate.
- While I exercise daily for at least an hour, I'm also a "grazer," i.e. I don't often sit down to eat full meals, but rather snack throughout the day (which probably means I eat more calories than I realize).
- Carbs are my closest friends. And we all know that too many of the wrong type of carbs can do more harm than good.
So there we have it. The diagnosis...and now, the remedy. Or at least, let's hope, eh?
I've heard all this talk about The 17 Day Diet and it looks doable. For anyone unfamiliar, the gist is this:
- Three 17-day-long "cycles" - the first, focused on high protein, high vegetable intake, low carbs, low sugar. As you progress through the cycles, you add in more complex carbs to "confuse" your body and continue burning off those unwanted pounds.
- 17 minutes of exercise daily
Measurements and "before" pictures coming soon!
Now some questions for you...
- What are your weight loss/fitness goals and plans for the new year?
- Have you tried The 17 Day Diet? How did it work for you? Any tips for me?
- Calculate your own BMI with the CDC's BMI Calculator. Is it what you expected? If not, what's your plan to improve it?
No comments:
Post a Comment